Article From the Spring 2004 Issue of
The Journal of the New York Museum of Transportation
DID YOU KNOW?
* Despite the drop in attendance this year, our Gift Shop’s remodeling…and the many new items Doug Anderson has stocked it with… have caused sales to exceed last year’s!
* We have a new roof over the corridor that leads to the model railroad room. The walls will be painted when they dry out.
* Speaking of roofs, the multi-talented Don Quant has put a new coating on the roof of Genesee & Wyoming caboose 8.
* Our highway equipment is getting spruced up, with Rick Holahan painting the road plow and stabilizing its cab, and John Ross and Jim Dierks prepping the roller for painting.
* The model railroad crew are installing the Broad Street bridge on their N-scale Rochester Subway layout.
* Ted Strang got TC-1 and its trailer in good shape for the summer season with a fresh coat of paint.
* Bob Miner resoldered TC-3’s radiator and rigged a new gas tank for it. He also keeps our mower fleet running and prints our brochures and tickets. Gale Smith is the unsung hero who cuts the tickets to size and drills the holes in them.
* Treasurer Tony Mittiga, when not spiking rail and replacing ties, greases the rails on curves to cut down wear and noise.
KEEPING IN TOUCH
VISIT US: Your museum is open Sundays, year round, 11 am to 5 pm. and on weekdays by appointment. Museum membership admits you free any time, and allows you to bring a limited family group to enjoy your museum at no charge. Why not stop out and see the progress first hand and check out the new items in our Gift Shop? Winter admission is $3 adults and $2 under 12. Summer admission is $6 adults, $5 seniors 65 and over, $4 ages 3 - 15, age 2 and under free if child sits on adult’s lap on ride. We’re at 6393 East River Road. Take I-390 Exit 11, Route 251 West 1 1/2 miles to East River Road, then north 1 mile to our entrance.